Entry-Level Humanitarian Professional Programme (EHP) at the UNHCR
Established in December 1950, UNHCR (Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees, internally displaced people and others of concern. In more than six decades, UNHCR has helped tens of millions of people restart their lives. In 2012 alone, the agency had responsibility for 35.8 million people of concern and operated in more than 120 countries.
The Entry-Level Humanitarian Professional Programme, or EHP, is a competitive point of entry into UNHCR for talented professionals under 40 years of age who have a passion for humanitarian work. This recruitment initiative is designed to identify highly qualified and motivated individuals with the right profiles, willing to be deployed to locations where they are needed most.
Selected candidates will join the programme at the P2 level on a two-year cohort program and will be deployed to the field after having completed a comprehensive orientation program in early 2014. The EHP is open to both external and internal applicants.
Applicants will need to fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Advanced university degree, at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution;
- Two years of relevant working experience in the respective functional area;
- Excellent knowledge of English and at least one other UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish). Additional languages are an asset;
- Ability to work in a multicultural team;
- Willingness to serve in conflict zones, deep field locations;
- Willingness to rotate every few years.
Application Period: until August 31
You can find all the information in http://www.unhcr.org/pages/51d548d36.html